Does anyone have....

All Revolver Talk
Grumpy old fart

Does anyone have....

Postby Tom » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:45 pm

A Charter Arms Pitbull in .45acp? I'm afraid that I'm going to have to go to revolvers if I want to shoot and hit anything, and want to clean my firearms. I found that since my neuropathy I can't feel too much, and when I tried to take the slide off of my Glock 19 I couldn't do it. I was also looking at a Taurus 455, but as they haven't been made in several years, the CA looks to be the best alternative. Sure I'd love the Ruger RedHawk, but it's a tad pricy for me now, and I'm trying to avoid moon clips, as I'm thinking that they would be a problem.
Tom
μολὼν λαβέ

Re: Does anyone have....

Postby gunman42782 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:22 pm

I don't own one, but when I worked in the shop I got to fondle one. I think it's an great design, but I was concerned as how fragile the little "lips" are that hold the case in place are. Seems like it would be super easy to get a case stuck under the extractor, and if you ever have done that before, you know how much fun it is trying to fix it. Now, imagine doing that when your life depended on it. I think I would stick with a .44 Special Bulldog (if Charter Arms is the way you are leaning) or a .357 myself, but that's something you have to decide for yourself.
Life Member of the NRA

Grumpy old fart

Postby Tom » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:59 pm

I have the S&W model 19-4 that I take with me every now and then, as well as a Ruger Lc9s pro that frequently gets out of the house. I'm just old school, and other than a 1911 I like revolvers that have an exposed hammer that is easy to get to, and not plastic. I know the Glock is a fine pistol, but striker fired handguns just don't work for me.
Tom
μολὼν λαβέ

Grumpy

Postby 44s rock » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:46 am

With the Arthritis in my hands I can't strip mt 1911 witch is why I have gone to the S&W M&Ps and Sigs, besides loving to shoot them. Although that is also why I have standardized on 9MM rather than 40S&W. I do carry a 3" Model 64 S&W a lot, very handy and use snake loads for Eastern Washington.

Return to Revolvers